& WINE/FOOD TOUR
A 'SPARKLING AND APPETISING' COMBINATION OF ITALIAN LANGUAGE AND FOOD AND WINE CULTURE
|All levels (for beginners, at least a knowledge of English is required)
|20 Italian language lessons in class + 3 x afternoon meetings of 4 hours approx. + 2 dinners + wine tastings
We offer this course in order to combine language learning with the possibility of taking guided visits to wineries, tasting quality wines and discovering the typical products of the Marche region (olive oil, cheese, salami, seafood, legumes, etc.). With 21 types of red and white wines, including DOC, DOCG and IGT, among which Verdicchio, Rosso Piceno, Rosso Conero, Bianchello del Metauro, Vernaccia di Serrapetrona etc. stand out, the Marche region, especially in recent years, has earned a respectable place on the Italian wine scene.
With "ITALIANO DEGUSTANDO" you will learn not only the correct linguistic terminology, terms and expressions used in the cellar and in the kitchen, but also how to get to know the quality wines of our territory and how to taste them, accompanied by typical products of our region.
EXAMPLE OF A WEEKLY PROGRAMME*:
20 Italian lessons in groups (min. 4 - max. 9 participants), from 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. (see Italian intensive group courses).
- An interesting walk with the teacher to discover the Conero Riviera and its natural beauty, among hills covered with vineyards, olive groves and sunflowers and the Adriatic Sea.
- The teacher will explain the history, the nature of the area and its typical features.
The afternoon will end on a high note with a rich offering of food and wine specialities "between the sea and the mountains".
Wednesday afternoon and evening
- Guided visit to 2 wineries in the Marche region.
- Visit to the vineyards with information about the different indigenous varieties, the soil and the microclimate, and a tour of the winery, with information about the various winemaking techniques used.
- Tasting of different types of wine produced, accompanied by typical products and notions on the importance of food and wine pairing.
- Dinner in a typical restaurant in the Marche region with regional farm-to-table products and wines!
Friday afternoon and evening
- Visit to a local producer of wine and typical productsi
- Cooking lessons. Preparation of a complete menu (from starter to dessert) together with the teacher/chef.
- Rich dinner with tasting of 4 different types of wine from the Marche region. Wine and food pairing.
The price of "ITALIANO DEGUSTANDO" is 559.00 euros and includes the registration fee of 60 euros, Italian language lessons at school, excursions, tastings, cooking lessons and dinners.
*The products and producers we visit vary depending on the season. During the visits to the producers it is also possible to buy the products directly at a convenient price.